API Reference Overview¶
The API Reference contains detailed descriptions and signatures for the various classes and methods available on Quantopian. The API Reference is organized into sections corresponding to the various APIs offered by Quantopian.
- Pipeline API
- The Pipeline API is Quantopian's core API. The Pipeline API provides you with classes and methods that make it easy to define and execute cross-sectional trailing-window computations.
- Alphalens API
- The alphalens API provides you with methods for analyzing the efficacy of alpha factors.
- Algorithm API
- The Algorithm API provides you with classes and methods you can use to build an algorithm for backtesting.
- Research API
- The Research API provides structured methods that assist you with querying data and analyzing backtest results.
- Asset API
- The Asset API provides you with classes and methods for referencing equities throughout Quantopian.
- Optimize API
- The Optimize API provides structured methods for solving portfolio optimization problems.
- Pyfolio API
- The Pyfolio API provides you with methods for analyzing backtest results in great detail.