1. User Consent
2. A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
Our Services and Site are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
4. Types of Information We Collect.
So that we are clear about the terminology we are using, when we refer to "**Personal Information**" we mean information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. When we refer to "**Anonymous Information**" we mean information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not enable identification of or contact with individual persons.
Information You Provide to Us.
Visitors and Members
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
- We may also collect Personal Information on the Site or through the Services when we make clear that are we are collecting it and you voluntarily provide it, for example when you submit an application for employment.
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, physical mailing address, phone, e-mail address, age, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, education level, interests, hobbies and password when you create an Account.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account and/or when you create a profile (your “Profile”).
Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), and domain name.
- We collect and store performance data generated by your algorithms when you use the platform to backtest, paper trade, and live trade.
- We may generate additional performance data from your algorithms for the purposes of (a) verifying that software platform changes do not change or break your algorithm and/or (b) analyzing standardized performance results.
5. Our Relationship with Social Networking Sites
We have created and may offer you interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking websites such as Facebook ("**SN Site**") through our Site. We will work with the SN Site’s application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that SN Site on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you will not provide us with your user name or password to the SN Site, but you will need to log-in to that SN Site directly through our Site. Once authorized by you, the SN Site will provide us a token that allows the SN Site to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You will be able to revoke our access to any SN Site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SN Site, though such revocation may limit the Services we are able to provide you.
6. Use of Personal Information
Your Personal Information.In general, Personal Information you submit to us regarding you or your company is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use such Personal Information in the following ways:
- to publish such Personal Information to Visitors and other Members of the Site and Services, but only when you make such Personal Information available in public areas of the Site and Services
- to facilitate communication with other Members of the Site and Services that you designate to receive your Personal Information when you communicate with them through the Site and Services
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- to provide the Services you request;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- to suggest contacting (or friending) other Members of the Site that you may know;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes;
- to contact you regarding opportunities to compensate you for your algorithm's performance;
- to share anonymized and/or aggregated algorithm performance statistics with third parties, for example potential investors or for marketing purposes;
- to share with other organizations to help them contact you for marketing purposes; and
- to market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest, both on and off the Site. We may allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the attributes we have collected (including information you do not make publicly available on the Site) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements.
Creation of Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as the name) that makes the information personally identifiable to the data subject. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Quantopian reserves the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties at its sole discretion.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
Visitors and Members of the Site.As noted above in the How We Use Your Personal Information Section, we publish your Personal Information on the Site and Services on public areas of the Site and Services and facilitate communication with other Members of the Site as you direct us through the Services.
Profile.Members have the opportunity to create a Profile on the Site and Services. Basic Profiles are available to all Visitors. Advanced profile features may permit the ability to make your advanced Profile available to all Visitors, to only Members or keep your Profile so it is not displayed to Visitors or Members.
Third Party Service Providers.We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; process any payments; provide technical support; and/or provide other services to the Quantopian. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by Quantopian. We may disclose certain Personal Information to third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, including to other Members or Visitors with whom you are collaborating.
8. Third Party Websites.
9. Control of Your Personal Information
Changes to Personal Information.You may change any of the Personal Information in your Account that you provide to us by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. If you wish to change the Personal Information we have received through an SN Site, you must change such Personal Information on the SN Site. After a short period of time, changes in your Personal Information made on the SN Site will appear on the Site and the Services. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud investigation or similar purposes.
10. Security of Your Personal Information.
Quantopian is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Quantopian uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Quantopian cannot guarantee its absolute security. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people.
11. Contact Information.
Quantopian Attn: Member Support 100 Franklin St., 5th Floor Boston MA 02110
Last Revised: January 13, 2015