This month Stocks and Commodities had an article by Ken Calhoun on day trading using whole numbers.
- Find stock getting ready to take out their 2-day high
- just above a whole number
- priced $15 to $50 (configurable)
- >15k shares per minute traded (configurable)
- Set buy-stop order 0.20 above whole number (configurable)
- On entry set stop at whole number
- Exit trade on 0.80 gain (configurable)
- You can set global_tolerance_to_whole_number to allow stocks at 13.98, 14.02, etc.
- You can cease entering new positions at end of day (configurable)
- You can set the time at end of day to close all positions (configurable)
Uses pipeline with custom filters and custom factors