I am new to Python and Quantopian, but I am not new to coding. However, I am having some trouble understanding how to implement the below pseudo-code.
- Get a list of S&P 500 stocks.
- Find the gap up/down percentage from the previous day's close.
- Sort the stocks in order by gap up/down percentage.
- For the top 5 gap up stocks (largest gainers): go long at 10 AM EST, and sell at the close of the trading day
- For the bottom 5 stocks (largest losers): go short at 10 AM EST, and cover at the close of the trading day
I would really appreciate guidance in how to implement this strategy.
Thanks in advance for your help