Today, we shipped a few small updates to the backtesting interface. The main changes we shipped today are:
- The 'Algorithm | Backtest' toggle that took you between the IDE and backtest results page has now been replaced with a regular button.
- Because of the changes to the toggle, the backtest results page and the 'All Backtests' page should both load faster.
- The 'All Backtests' page has been redesigned to match the same visual style you see on the Algorithms page.
These changes are laying the groundwork for something much more exciting - we're redesigning the backtest feedback loop to make it much easier to write contest-qualified algorithms. For example, on the new backtest results page, you'll be able to see things like:
- Plots of your sector and style exposures
- Plots of your position concentration
- How many of the contest criteria your backtest is passing
- And a whole lot more!
We're aiming to release the new page to open beta soon, and we look forward to getting your feedback.