Anyone in Halifax is welcome to join an informal Quantopian "jam session" at 7:00 this evening (Wednesday, May 3) at QRA Corp, in our new location at 6080 Young Street, Suite 101, in Halifax, NS.
QRA is a software company specializing in testing and requirements for safety-critical systems. Our technical team members have diverse backgrounds in computer science, math, physics, electrical engineering, philosophy, and so forth. We are serious about software engineering.
A number of our team members are also interested in quantitative finance, so this evening I will be giving a brief introduction to the Quantopian platform. We decided to open it up to the public, so anyone in Halifax this evening is welcome to attend.
A few things to note:
- Pizza and beverages will be provided.
- If you have a laptop, bring it along.
- The intro will be basic, most people attending have not used the Quantopian platform.
- After the introduction, people will work in small groups and amongst themselves.
- Anyone familiar with Quantopian is welcome to work in their own direction.
- I will give suggestions on how to proceed, for different Quantopian experience levels.
The idea is to kick-start a Quantopian community here in Halifax, and if some interesting characters visit QRA as a side-effect, then that's great.
I hope to see some of you this evening!
Chief Scientist and Director of Advanced Technologies