Some comments & questions on the Quantopian research platform:
- Are the docstrings available, other than by doing a 'shift-tab' to
see a pop up (e.g. on a web page that could be displayed in a
separate browser tab)?
- What is the data source for the research platform? Is it the same
as the backtester? Same as live trading? Other?
- Is there forward-filling of prices in the data set?
- Is the volume of an empty bar reported as 0 or 'nan'?
- There appears to be no way to preview a post to the forum,
originated from the research platform with a notebook attached. It
would be nice to see how the post will appear.
- It'd be nice if the Quantopian-supplied and supported notebooks
(e.g. documentation and examples) were in a separate folder (or
color code or add a special icon). Also, it's o.k. that they are
editable/runnable, but it would be a good idea to add a 'refresh'
button so that users could get the most current versions at any
- It appears that the single folder of notebooks is just sorted by
title, alphanumerically. If you stick with the single folder
concept, there needs to be a better way of organizing.
- Is there a way to get a list of all of the importable modules
available? Are there ones that are imported by default?
- Is there a way to see intermediate output from a cell as it runs?
For example, say I'm processing 10,000 securities, and I'd like to
know which one I'm on. It would be nice to increment a counter and
display its value.
- Any way you could enable notifications to a user's e-mail (e.g.
- Reportedly, with a tweak, a more efficient version of zipline can
be created (see https://www.quantopian.com/posts/zipline-question).
Is it possible to use custom versions of zipline in the research
- It appears that when I close a running notebook, it stops. Shouldn't it run in the background, as the backtester does?