Today, we made some improvements to the interface and appearance of the Research environment. The changes add some functionality to the notebook development workflow, and update the appearance to look more like the rest of the Quantopian website. Here are some of the notable changes:
- The markdown styling has been changed to improve readability. The attached notebook shows off some of the new markdown styles.
- DataFrames have a new display style (see example in the attached notebook).
- There is now a 'Run Cell' button (looks like a play button) that appears next to each cell when you hover over it.
- Navigating your list of notebooks (and moving between folders) is now faster. Previously, the page had to be reloaded every time you change directories. Page reloads are no longer necessary, so folder navigation is faster.
- You can copy and paste cells between notebooks, using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V (Cmd-C and Cmd-V on Mac).
There are also a couple of new menu items:
- "Toggle line numbers" - show/hide line numbers within cells.
- "Download as rst" - another "download as" option.
As usual, let us know if you have any questions.